Makes: 8 nos
- Etahakka /Nendrapazham ( ripe plantains)- 2 nos
- All purpose flour-1/2 cup
- Rice flour-1 to 11/2 tbsp (optional)
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 pinch (optional)
- Salt-one pinch
- Water -As required
- Coconut oil- for deep frying
- Peel plantains and cut it vertically into two.Cut each slice again into two .Keep aside.
- Combine all purpose flour,rice flour,turmeric powder,cumin seeds,salt and water in a mixing bowl to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.Dip the sliced banana in the batter and deep fry until golden brown.Drain onto a kitchen towel and serve with tea/coffee.
Note:You can also use rice flour instead of all purpose flour ,if you like it to be really crispy on the outside.