Recipe source: Suja -Kitchen corner Try it
You can find the original recipe here
- Chicken leg/thigh pieces-4 nos
- Oil-4 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder-3/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1 1/2 tsp
- Lime juice-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Gram flour-3 tsp
- Ajwain seeds/carom seeds-1 pinch
- Cloves-3 nos
- Cinnamon stick-1`" piece
- Cardamom- 3 nos
- Nutmeg- 1 pinch
- Fennel seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder- 2tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Mustard powder-3/4 tsp
- Kasoori methi-1/3 tsp
- Yogurt-1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Combine all the ingredients for first marinade and keep aside.
- Make 3 to 4 deep slashes( to the bone ) on the chicken leg/thigh pieces and apply the first marinade and keep aside for 1/2 an hour.
- Meanwhile to prepare the second marinade ,heat 2 tsp oil in a pan,reduce the flame to low and add gram flour and ajwain seeds.Roast for a minute or until it is fragrant.(Make sure you stir this continuously while roasting ,or else it might get burnt).Switch off the stove and allow it to cool.
- Dry roast cloves,cinnamon,cardamom and fennel seeds until fragrant and grind to form a fine powder.
- Combine the roasted gram flour and masala powder with the rest of the ingredients for the second marinade.
- Apply this marinade on to the chicken pieces and refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 deg F and place the chicken pieces on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes and turn over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Now reduce the heat to 250 deg F and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.