- Banana pepper- 5 to 6 nos
- Gram flour(kadala mavu)-1 cup
- Rice flour- 2 tbsp
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida- 2 pinch
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Combine all the ingredients except the banana peppers to form a thick batter.
- Remove the seeds from the peppers by carefully after making a slit, lengthwise (if required)
- Dip each banana pepper in the batter and deep fry in hot oil over medium heat until it is crisp.
- Serve with tamarind chutney or tomato sauce.
Sending this to Any one can cook event at Taste of pearl city