Recipe source:Authentic Suburban Gourmet
You can find the original recipe here.
For the cake
- All purpose flour- 1 3/4 cup
- Sugar- 2 cups
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- 3/4 cup
- Baking soda- 2tsp
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Salt -1/4 tsp
- Buttermilk- 1 cup
- Vegetable oil- 1/2 cup
- Eggs-2 large
- Vanilla essence- 2tsp
- Freshly brewed hot coffee- 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg c
- Line the cake tins/cup cake trays with parchment paper/cupcake liners.Or just lightly grease the pan and dust with flour,tapping out excess
- Whisk together all purpose flour,sugar,cocoa powder,baking soda,baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together buttermilk,oil,eggs and vanilla essence.
- Slowly beat in the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Now slowly beat in the hot coffee and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for completely before removing .
- Whipping cream-2 cups
- Sugar-2 tbsp
- Instant coffee powder-1/2 tsp
- Cocoa powder- 1 tbsp
- Combine all the ingredients and whip to form stiff peaks.
- Spread this over the cake and serve.