Radhika of Tickling Palates is hosting a fun event named BLOG HOP WEDNESDAYS.This week i am paired with Priya of NOW SERVING.I tried out these super delicious Gulab jamuns her blog,. You can find the original recipe here.
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Milk powder-1 1/2 cups
- Baking soda-1/4 tsp
- Yogurt or regular heavy cream
- Sugar- 2 1/2 to 3 cups
- Water- 3 cups
- Cardamon pods- 4 nos
- Saffron -a few strands(optional)
- Sift all purpose flour,milk powder and baking soda together.
- Add sufficient quantity of heavy cream or yogurt and knead well to form a soft dough.(like chappathi dough)
- Keep aside for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine sugar and water in a pan and cook for 5 minutes or until it thickens slightly.Add cardamom pods and saffron and keep aside.
- Make small balls out of the dough( almost 25 to 28 nos) and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these balls over medium low heat until it turns dark golden brown in color.
- Drain these cooked balls into the sugar syrup and keep aside until the jamuns are completely soaked in the sugar syrup.
Sending this to Diwali special event at Tickling palates by Radhika
Diwali event at Anu's healthy kitchen
My Diwali My way event at Yummy food blog