Vegetable Fried rice
- Basmati rice- 1 cup
- Ginger chopped finely- 1/2 " piece
- Garlic -2 cloves
- Spring onion chopped- 2 tbsp
- Onion chopped- 1 small
- Carrot,beans and cabbage finely chopped - 2 cups
- Soya sauce-3/4 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup-3/4 tbsp
- Pepper powder-1/2 tsp(or to taste)
- Salt to taste.
- Cook rice and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped ginger and garlic and saute till raw smell leaves.
- Now add the spring onion and chopped onion, saute for few minutes.
- Add chopped vegetables and saute till it is just done .(do not over cook)
- Now add the soya sauce, tomato sauce, pepper powder and salt to taste, mix well.
- Add the cooked rice and mix carefully until combined.Cook for a few minutes and switch off the stove.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion and serve with Vegetable manchurian.
For the manchurian balls
- Cabbage chopped-1 cup
- Carrot grated-3/4 cup
- Beans chopped finely-1/4 cup
- Onion chopped- 1 small no
- Green chilies chopped- 1 or 2(according to taste)
- Ginger chopped finely-1/2 " piece
- Garlic chopped finely-1 clove
- Soya sauce- 1/2 tsp
- Cornflour-2 tbsp
- Bread crumbs- 2 tbsp ( you can use all purpose flour or even cooked rice)
- Chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
For the sauce
- Ginger chopped- 1 tsp
- Garlic chopped- 1tsp
- Green chilies chopped- 1 no(or to taste)
- Red chili flakes- 1 tsp
- Onion chopped- 1 medium
- Spring onion chopped-3 tbsp
- Bell pepper chopped- 1/2
- Chili powder- 1/2 tsp
- Soya sauce-1/2 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup-1/2 tbsp
- Cornflour-1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan ,add cabbage,carrot ,beans and onion,cook the vegetables for a 2-3 minutes or until half cooked.(add a few tsp of water if required)
- Squeeze out excess water from the half cooked veggies.
- Mix the cooked vegetables withe rest of the ingredients for the manchurian balls until combined.
- Make small balls out of this mixture.(if you cant shape the mixture into balls add more breadcrumbs)
- Deep fry the balls in hot oil till it turns golden brown.Keep aside
- (If you don't want to deep fry it just heat a unniappam pan /paniyaram pan ,add a few drops of oil in each holes and cook the balls ,make sure you turn the sides every 5 minutes to make sure all the sides are evenly cooked.)
- Now for the sauce,heat oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic ,ginger,red chili flakes and green chilies.saute till the raw smell leaves.
- Now add chopped onion and spring onion and saute for a minute,add chopped bell pepper.Cook for few minutes.
- Add chili powder and mix well.
- Add soya sauce ,tomato ketchup,salt to taste and required amount of water,bring to a boil.
- Now mix cornflour with 1/4 cup water and add it to the sauce.Mix well.
- When the sauce thickens add the manchurian balls and switch off the stove
- Garnish with spring onions and serve.
Sending this to Any one can cook event at Taste of pearl city
Rice recipes event at My culinary creations